Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank you, Sherry and John...

Well, the coffee table formerly-known-as-brass is back in the living room.  And, I've got to admit, it's a big improvement.  Not wonderful, but it certainly sucks less...

Why the delay in posting the after pics?  This is why:
and this...

Had a fabulous 5 day getaway to beautiful Longboat Key, FL.  Beaching, shopping, eating, and just hanging out with a great friend.  Did I mention the shopping?

The before:

In process (the saved plant containers made wonderful risers):

The mess (Thought I was being very careful - used a drop cloth covered with newspaper. Did not realize til afterwards how far the spray went.  Thank goodness I moved the cars!):

The after:
Still a dated piece, but a nice change for the cost of one can of ORB spray paint.  Okay, so Sherry and John over at Young House Love may be on to something good!  I see more cans of ORB in my future!

Slipcovers for the sofa and loveseat are on the to-do list.  Dropcloths have been purchased and the sewing machine is out for a tune-up.

Enjoy this lovely fall day,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I've never painted brass- now I can give it a try!
    Thank you for popping by my place!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

    ReplyDelete